Tuesday, March 26, 2013

3/26/2013 - KFLL - An Exciting Day!!!

Any - it certainly was an exciting day!  I was able to cross one of the really wanted's off my list - a private MD-80 that I have been stalking for quite a while....


But, the biggest surprise of the day cam courtesy of a foreign nation.  Earlier in the day, I had been watching Ft Lauderdale traffic on Flight Aware to see if anything interesting would be coming in at all.  When I check the En Route to FLL page, there was this callsign FAM4101 - that was an Embraer 145.  Knowing that sometimes the AM can usually mean a South American Air Force registration and knowing that it was coming from a Mexican airfield, I surmised it was a Mexican Air Force transport.  That, on it's own is a nice catch, but the timing wasn't good.  However, when someone posted a cell phone picture of an Embraer R-99, this was something I couldn't miss out on!  And - true to form - it was a great something to catch!  This time, I caught the departure to Bermuda - no doubt it is heading over the Atlantic somewhere as it seems to be over-nighting there.  This - is my catch of the year so far!!






While I mentioned that my next post would be on the Ft Lauderdale airport expansion, I couldn't resist posting these two beauties.  I have a few more pictures to get on the expansion which I will try and get over the next few days to be able to post.  So - in the meantime - some more time behind the camera lens...

1 comment:

capnaux said...

That's wild, Mark! Would love to hear what that dealio is on top of the hull!

Operation "African Invasion" launches tomorrow from your nearest post office! ;)