Friday, April 23, 2010

New Southwest logo jet - Florida One

Southwest unveiled its latest logo jet today - Florida One - A Flying Salute to the Sunshine State. After being unveiled in Tampa this morning, it departed on a "round the state" tour going from Tampa to Jacksonville then West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Fort Myers before heading to Dallas, the home of Southwest. I was lucky to be able to get out to Fort Lauderdale for her arrival.





Nice to catch such a special plane on a lovely day!

4 comments:

Paulo Olim said...

Very beautiful, because this plane was not bad pass here on the island.
good photos, very nice logo.

Paul Olim
Greetings Airlines
Wings Madeira island

Capt. Schmoe said...

I saw a video about the production of this plane this morning. I wondered how long it would take you to shoot it, I must say I surprised how fast it was.

BTW, I figured out that my next camera is going to be a Canon 7D, it's time for me to move up to a DSLR.

Great shot on Florida 1, a beauty for sure.

Thanks for the post.

Tim G in MN said...

Nice Job! Here's a link to the video I think Capt. Schmoe is referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKnsyYbfC60

Tim G in MN

Jimmy said...

Preciosa librea. Excelente.