Saturday, May 2, 2009

Quiet week after New York..

It's been a very quiet week this week. After coming home from New York last week with so many pictures to edit, I got laid low by the flu as well (not "that" kind thank goodness), but enough to keep at home for a couple of days.


So, I thought I'd post a few more of the pictures from the New York trip. I've shot at quite a few airports around the world (and hope to shoot a lot more over time!) and I have to say that New York's John F Kennedy International is my favorite so far. There are a lot that I have not shot at that I think would top JFK at some point (Innsbruck, London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Dubai are a few that come to mind), but there is such a variety at JFK that always makes it interesting - one of note even this week (although I hear the weather was the worst) was Etihad changing from the A340-500 to the A340-600 and bringing in it's Formula One color scheme (A6-EHJ). I'm sure there are plenty of other world cities with this amount of variety (Heathrow immediately comes to mind).


But, for now, JFK has to be my top airport. If I were to rank other's I've been to, Anchorage (PANC) would be second, Miami (KMIA) 3rd with Johannesburg (FAJS) and London Gatwick (ECGG) rounding off the top 5 of airports I've been to and shot at.


So, the variety at JFK. There is the old


The New


The small


And the huge



Next week, I'm sure I'll be able to get back to FLL for some more of the regular shooting.

No comments: