Saturday, August 14, 2010

LSZH - Zurich - August 5, 2010 - Wash out

All vacations have to come to an end (unfortunately) and our 3 week vacation in South Africa was no exception. My wife and I had previously agreed that on the trip home to Miami and we had a 6 1/2 hour layover in Zurich, I could take the time to go to one of the spotting locations at Zurich to had some spotting time. It was something I was looking forward to a great deal. However, it was not going to be - when we boarded the plane in Johannesburg and the captain was giving his introduction, he said - the weather in Zurich tomorrow is going to be cold and rainy - not a typical summers day. I still hoped that when we got there after the 10 hour flight, something might have changed, but, unfortunately not - even looking on the entertainment system on our A340 at the forward facing camera (a neat thing they have on Swiss!!), I could see it was still raining. After deplaning, it was evident that the day was a wash out. So, I was relegated to watching from the terminal and taking a few shots from there. I saw a whole lot of Star Alliance special schemes - Contact Air, TAP, Swiss, but couldn't shoot all of them from the terminal. Here are a few that I did manage to get close to the terminal. Hopefully, another day, another time, different weather......











Some more time spent behind the camera lens.......

1 comment:

altstiff said...

Love the German Wings bus Mark!! Rain or not, some great shots there.