Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back from vacation......

Finally back home after three wonderful weeks of vacation. Not so much spotting was done because of doing other things - I mean what can be more important than spotting - well....let's see...seeing the South African "Big 5" (Elephant, Rhino, Lion, Leopard and Buffalo)..seeing lots of other animals...having an awesome time with family - there really is nothing better. I did manage to do a little spotting at Zurich and Cape Town while flying through the airports there and managed to get a few good shots. However, my 4 hours of spotting at Zurich on the way back home to the US got totally thwarted by rain, clouds and a generally not nice day. I did shoot some things that I have never seen and I will be trying to see what I can edit on them - those are a few days away though. In the mean time, here are a few..

Zurich on the way through:

Turkish carrier Sun Express with it's 20th anniversary logo

Finnair's Embraer 190 in oneWorld colors

Turkish's Manchester United logo plane

Cape Town (FACT):

1Time's new Quagga livery to celebrate the opening of the Livingstone service.

This is one that I really wanted to get - the Kulula.com Flying 101 livery - not only did I catch it - we flew on it too


A very light SAA A340-300E lifting off very early


More will come later......but - a little time spent behind the camera lens.....

1 comment:

Tim G in MN said...

Welcome back Mark! Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip.

Tim G in MN