Thursday, June 24, 2010

A quick post.......

Weather in South Florida, as I think I might have mentioned, has been terrible of late - stormy, hot as heck, heat haze all over the pictures - it's been downright nasty. However, the last few weeks have started to bring one hybrid scheme into Ft Lauderdale that I have been trying to catch ever since I saw the pictures from others - Aires Columbia has a couple of Boeing 737-700's that are in Globespan hybrid colors. I've seen them from a distance a couple of times, but never up close. The other day, I was heading to Ft Lauderdale to try and catch it - when I saw it on approach while I was close to the airport. I knew I would get a touchdown shot, but knowing where it parks, I headed for the east side of the airport and down a little side road, I caught it approaching to the terminal. The light just happened to be good at that point...it was another stormy day, but another of the wanted pictures taken from the list....



There are some good shooting opportunities coming in the next month or so - can't share them at the moment, but, as soon as I can post the results.....I will....

A little more time spent behind the camera lens....

No comments: